Thursday, 15 December 2011

Hello from Australia


Greetings from the land down under, my home.


I've been home a week now and still processing the amazing past three months travelling through four wonderful countries.  If you want to see more photos, they are on my Facebook. 

I feel truly blessed to have been able to travel for so long, literally just making each day up as I went, as the only thing I pre booked were my plane tickets. Along the way I've met some amazing people, had a very diverse range of wonderful experiences filled with many contradictions. My only regret was having to saying goodbye to so many amazing people each step along the way.


As a friend in Vietnam used to say "Why F.....g not Man!" and indeed I learnt to live life saying "Why the F... not!" instead of "Why". I hope I can continue to apply this lesson.


One of my favourite places was Battembong in Cambodia where I went for two days and stayed three weeks. I made some lovely friends there and loved especially the time I spent helping teach English to the kids and a home stay.


I'm not sure what my next steps will be, I know come January I need to begin looking for a job as I've almost run out of money, but what I'll do or where, is not yet certain. I know I'd prefer not go back to working in I.T \ Computers. Now I'd really love to work with people. You never know in the years to come you might find me serving you coffee, a beer or teaching your children. Healing your body, on the stage, running a Gay bordello, spiritual retreat centre or your local parish priest. Who bloody knows :) One thing I know is that I have such a strong sense i'm on the right path. Quitting my job in June was the right thing to do. I believe the Lord has it all under control and now I feel the universe will soon reveal what is next. I just need to remain true to myself and continue to integrate all aspects of my true self.


For those in a more spiritual and religious mood I've got a couple of things I've blogged on my Mystical Ramblings Blog recently which you may find helpful.


If you are ever in Vietnam, do contact my friend Mr Duc he's a great Easyrider Motor bike guide who will show you the real Vietnam either individually or a group of you. www.mrduceasyrider.com


Consider supporting or visiting BOVA (Battambong Orphanage Village assistance). Do a home stay or volunteer at the school. www.battambangorphanagevillageassistance.org


In Siam Reap, consider the NGO School called SOID (Supporting Orphans and Indigent People of Cambodia for Development Organisation). www.soidngo.org


If anyone knows good English teaching resources for countries such as Cambodia, please let me know as all the curriculum being used was very American Middle Class, so out of place in the communities it was being taught.


Cheers! I wish you, your family and all those we know and love a Merry Christmas and an amazing 2012.



Peace, love, light and a whole lot of fun :)
Jase.


For your viewing pleasure I leave you with some shots of Australia.
Lake Macquarie
Bar Beach, Newcastle


Tarrawarra near Melbourne

Mt Eliza, near Melbourne

Newcastle

Sydney

Cradle Mountain, Tasmania

Northern Territory

Ularu

Northern Territory

2 comments:

Emma R said...

Heyyyyyyy Jason, lovely to see you home safe n sound down under. Yep leaving the 'day' job in June was definitely the right decision (trust me you ain't missing a thing :)). I've followed your amazing trip these past 3 months (my how time flies) with wonder and excitement and a hint of 'greenness' as I envy your freedom to travel. Hope we can catch up soon in 2012 eh? I look foward to the next fabulous 'Clark' Instalment. Hope you had a lovely Christmas and I wish you a FANTASTIC 2012. Love n Hugz....Em :)

MysticalJase said...

Thanks Em, glad you liked.
Peace and hugs,
Jase.